Turn your average bowl of pasta into a colorful and crunchy creation using our Red Walnuts!
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Red Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of Basil
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the garlic, shallots, and red pepper flakes until the garlic is fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the Red Walnuts, and cook until the nuts give off a toasted smell, about 2 minutes; stir in Prosciutto slices, and cook the mixture until the Prosciutto is hot and beginning to brown, about 5 more minutes.
- Lightly toss the pasta with the Prosciutto mixture in the skillet, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.