Everyone loves peanut and walnut brittle for it’s sweet taste and crunchy texture and by adding more crunch using Red Walnuts they will love it even more!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup roughly chopped Red Walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick pan spray; set aside.
- Place sugar in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan and add water; stir once just to moisten sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat but do not stir.
- Allow sugar to cook until light amber in color. If a portion begins to caramelize faster than the rest of the pot, swirl the pot gently but do not stir. Use a pastry brush dipped in water to brush down any sugar crystals that form on the side of the pot.
- Meanwhile, toss together Red Walnuts, orange zest, and salt. When sugar is caramelized, add walnuts and give a brief stir to coat nuts with sugar syrup. Pour out onto baking sheet. Carefully, using a towel or oven mitt, tilt the sheet slightly (holding the parchment to anchor it) to allow sugar syrup and nuts to level out. Allow to cool completely, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.