Use this spinach salad recipe to turn your average Spinach Salad into an amazingly crunchy sweet and sour creation with our glazed Red Walnuts!
Ingredients for Salad
- 4 Cups of fresh Spinach
- 1/2 sliced Red Onion
- 1 cup of sliced Strawberries
- 1 cup of Red Walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 5 strips cooked Prosciutto, thinly sliced
Ingredients for Glazed Red Walnuts
- 2 Cups Red Walnuts
- ¾ cup of White Sugar
- ¼ Cup Water
- Medium Orange Squeezed
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Larger Lemon; Juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- For the glazed Red Walnuts, lightly grease a baking sheet. In a 1 quart glass measure, combine the red walnut halves with sugar and water.
- Cook in oven on high setting for 8 to 8 1/2 minutes, or until sugar has caramelized. Stir several times during cooking process.
- Pour put the glazed walnuts onto prepared baking sheet, and separate into pieces. Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Wash spinach thoroughly then add into bowl along with red onion, glazed red walnuts, sliced strawberries, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and strips of cooked Prosciutto. Mix.
- In a small bowl add in olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and drizzle over salad. Enjoy!